What is Amazon SEO and Amazon Advertising?
With the help of guest Ginny Marvin, the episode digs into a number of ways that your company can leverage the many ways to advertise on Amazon. Just a few years ago Amazon was just a growing retailer but has quickly become a huge marketplace and growing ad platform as well. As always we cover a ton during the episode and this write up likely misses a good amount, but highlights much of the main topics and resources for you.
Paid Advertising Options on Amazon
It is estimated to now be the third-largest ad seller in the U.S. behind Google and Facebook with 4% market share (keep the over-hype in check). Long gone are the clunky UI and backend setup for Amazon but it still has a ways to go to catch up to the Google and Facebooks.
- Sponsored Products (CPC based)
- Sponsored Brands (CPC based)
- Stores (Free) – For smaller brands and sellers to showcase their wares, Amazon launched Storefronts in September 2018
Amazon Sponsored Products
There are more coming, these are typically targeting single keyword searches.
Amazon Sponsored Brands
Look for the banners at the top of search results or on the right side for the desktop.
Getting started? Look at Amazon Stores as a platform option but do know that there is some work to get going and manage it. As with everything be strategic and don’t go into Amazon (or any new market/platform) lightly.
Below is a list of some things that can impact your Amazon SEO and further down the page are some really deep dives into Amazon SEO. Look at your product description, your competitors and look for ways to better set yourself up for success.
- Product Images
- Sales Performance
- Shipping & Logistics
- Constant Sales
- Optimized Content & Titles
- Answer Questions that people ask
Amazon Reviews & Your Brand
They matter for showing up, for getting shoppers to be buyers, and much more. The team digs into reviews and how they impact you on Amazon and beyond.
Amazon Consulting Scams – Be wary of promises and pitfalls
Just like anything, there are good and bad people out there looking to “help”. Do your research. Plan. Know that while some may “get rich quick” or say they sell X, the end result of operating on the Amazon Platform for you and many others may be different.
Amazon SEO & Advertising Resources
- Freedive, Amazon’s free video-on-demand service, serves up new video advertising opportunities
- Advertise on Amazon
- 4 Key Elements of a Successful Amazon SEO Strategy
- How to Master Amazon SEO and Move Your Products up the Search Rankings in 2019
- The Ultimate Guide to Amazon SEO & Cracking the A9 Algorithm
- The basics of working with Amazon Marketing Services
- 5 SEO trends that will matter most in 2019
- Amazon Pay Per Click Campaigns: How To Advertise Your Private Label Product on Amazon
- Winning on Amazon: Here are 3 strategies that can help
- Amazon’s latest ad test: Targeted Product Sampling
- Analysts say Amazon’s advertising business will surpass AWS by 2021
- What Amazon Advertising’s big 2018 advancements will mean for 2019
- Holiday Tips for Amazon Sellers: An Interview with Robyn Johnson