Mat kicks off the review with talking about podcasting and for those interested in podcasting he drops a mention to our Podcasting Guide.
2019 Most Popular Podcast Episodes
While we likely missed some, Dave quickly went through some handy data to give you a list of some our more popular episodes. If you missed them or perhaps forgot what they were about feel free to go back and listen!
- Episode 123 – Interview with Former FTC Commissioner & Chairwoman Maureen Ohlhausen
- Episode 108 – What is best for you – Blog, Microsite or Other?
- Episode 107 – Is the Influencer Bubble Bursting?
- Episode 106 – Botched SEO Migration Case Study
- 100th Episode Series Kickoff and all the episodes that were part of that series
- Episode 85 – How to Get Booked on Podcasts
- Episode 79 – Management Styles of Teams & The Super Mario Effect
- Episode 78 – Google and Antitrust
2019 Digital Predictions
In 2018 we wrapped up the year with our predictions and both Dave and Mat had at least one correct (go us!).
- Mat was correct about people answering questions more
- Dave was correct about AI & Paid Search
Of course we were pretty vague but hey, we will take it.
2019 Personal Faves
- Mat’s was E123 – Interview with Former FTC Commissioner & Chairwoman Maureen Ohlhausen
- Dave: the legal episodes we have done in the past such as the one Mat said, Google Antitrust w/ Steve Cernak and Blogging Legally in 2018 with Ruth Carter
2020 Predictions (Kind of)
- More people (kids especially) moving to social networks like Reddit and TikTok
- Pelaton and Aviation Gin ads will be talked about and find their way into every deck at conferences one way or another
- Some agencies are going to struggle with the change coming
- Privacy and legal ramifications for things like CCPA, ADA and more
- Mat predicts more Conference PopUp events.
- CCPA, GSPR and California’s ADA requirements are all going to hit or be bigger in 2020
- Google, Amazon, and Facebook will not be broken up but there will be more scrutiny around Ads and the 3 in general.
- Political Ads in FB and Twitter will be in the news more and impact us.
- Privacy – YouTube, Instagram and so on will also blow up and also impact marketers.